A Classic Movie Sword Fight!

Some of you know that I'm obsessed with swords, hence my love of shows like Highlander and movies like By The Sword, Rob Roy, and even Star Wars. Yes, SW had some pretty decent fight choreography -- especially the prequels.

But nothing can hold a candle to what I think has to be on EVERYONE'S list of best sword fights in the movies: the clifftop duel between The Dread Pirate Roberts and Inigo Montoya. So I felt obliged to include the infamous duel here, simply because it kicks so much ass and I love it! :)



I've watched enough real fencing matches to know that this isn't all that accurate, but it's still one of the best filmed duels on celluloid. I'm not as big a fan now of choreographer Bob Anderson's work as I used to be when I was a kid, especially with fights using two-handed broadsword techniques like the original SW trilogy and the first two seasons of Highlander. But when it came to rapier or sabre duels on the big screen, Anderson really knew how to make them shine! And this is a prime example of his handiwork. I'm still amazed the actors did most of this themselves. Wow!