Reliving TV Show Memories . . .


Been watching the complete box set DVDs of the Cosby Show these past few weeks, thanks to my best friend, Tarrell, who lent the collection to me. At first I thought this would be one of those borrows that I end up giving back barely touched. Because, see, I have so little time to watch movies at home anymore. But, turns out I was so very wrong.

I always liked this show growing up in the 80s, but I was surprised by how well it still holds up today! I swear, when I pop in a DVD, I'm instantly drawn back into the show like as if I never left. At the same time, I can feel the 80s nostalgia wash over me and I find myself thinking of those happy go-lucky years when I was very young and carefree.

Was anyone else into this show? I was in the 3rd grade when it first aired, and watching the 1st season now I see I must have been catching this from the very beginning, as all of the episodes are so familiar to me. What a great production thir was!

Oh, and T, you're absolutely right . . . Phylicia Rashad really is quite beautiful! I was too young to appreciate it at the time (guess she was too much of a mother figure for me), but now that I'm older I definitely see it. Hoo, boy!

Now I'm addicted. I rush home from work and it's the first thing I put on after working out and winding down. I watch on average 3 episodes per day, more on weekends. What a fun treat! I might have to purchase this set for when I have kids.