Leaving Town For A Few

Lisa and I will be heading out to the Left Coast -- San Diego, to be precise -- tomorrow, returning Sunday. She's attending a nursing conference out there, and me . . . well, I'll be playing the part of beach bum by day. At night? Anything goes!

I actually have no idea what to do in San Diego. And I didn't have enough time to prepare in advance, so I'll pretty much be lounging around a lot and catching up on my reading. Might even start a new story, but somehow I doubt that. I hate writing long-hand, and I'm not lugging a big ass laptop around for a muse that may or may not decide to kick in. At most I'll develop the idea while I'm away and get cracking on it first thing when I get back.

Oh, and Star Trek will be watched at some point! Not to mention a second helping of Watchmen and Wolverine. Lisa actually wants to see the former again, and she has not yet watched the latter, but has expressed a keen interest. I figure I'd stomach a second sitting of ole Wolvie if it means getting to see Star Trek. I might also watch Battle For Terra by myself during the day if I feel up to it. Looks like the movie theater is pretty close to where we'll be staying, so that helps.

At some point, I must visit Mysterious Galaxy also. I hope, hope, HOPE they have a copy of my friend Cindy's new book, Silver Phoenix. I already own a copy, but I make it a habit to buy duplicate copies of my friends' published works. Maybe someday they'll return the favor. :)

In the meantime, I'll be thinking of you all (aww). See you next week!